HAUL || ONE LAST TIME FOR 2016

Tuesday 17 January 2017

I got quite a few make-up items throughout the end of 2016 because of sales and the Christmas season. I was working heaps throughout the Christmas peak so I ended up doing most of my shopping online. Most of the Black Friday sales from the US were present here in Australia but was limited exclusively online. Soon after the Black Friday sales was the Boxing Day sale and End-of-Year Stocktake sale, which is actually still available on some sites! So it was sale after sale after sale, and this meant some shopping had to be done. I didn't get too many make-up items but did manage to add a few nice ones to my collection.




L'Oreal Le Blush in Candy Cane Pink
I picked this up in a Priceline 30% off sale before Christmas and this has been my go-to blush of this season. I really like the shade. It's a really nice rosy pink with mauve undertones to it, which works really well with the more bronzy tones of summer. I absolutely love the formula of this blush - it's powder but sits very nice on the face. It's also very pigmented and I quite frequently get one side of my face with more blush on it than the other because after application on one side of my face I would suddenly remember how pigmented it is. 

Cover FX Enhance Click in Rose Gold 
I picked this up a while back on a Beautybay order before the Black Friday sales kicked in and then realised I should have waited, but oh well. I was expecting this product to come in a bigger package, and honestly when I received the package I thought it was a sample! It's a very nice shimmery and glowly stick that gives you some nice highlight. It's very pigmented but I don't think it's worth the price.

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme Cup and Speak Louder 
Guess who finally has her first MAC lipstick? And two at that!? Me! My colleague kindly gifted them to me for Christmas and I just love them!! The formula is very nice on the lips and just beautiful. My favourite of the two is Creme Cup. This shade is so wearable and so me! Speak Louder is bolder in colour and definitely not something that I would wear everyday.

Clinque Chubby Stick Intense in Roomiest Rose
My same colleague also gifted me with this. I love chubby sticks and this one is definitely one of the better ones! It glides on very smoothly and is very pigmented. I really like how it sits on my lips and it a shade that's bold but also quite wearable. 


tarte waterproof Lights, Camera, SPLASHES mascara
I needed a new mascara and this was on sale at the Sephora website so I decided to pick it up. They also had the non-waterproof one but I decided to go for the waterproof one instead. It's a pretty decent mascara and definitely does lengthen my lashes, however, I do find that I sometimes get clumpy lashes no matter how many times I swipe my brush before putting on the mascara. 

Anastasia Brow Definer Pencil in Medium Brown
I also picked this up at Sephora after hearing good reviews about it and it is quite good! I really like the colour and the ability to build up intensity. I really like the angular positioning of the pencil which really helps me in filling in my brows. 

NYX Wonder Stick 
I picked this up at Priceline out of whim. It was only when I got home that I read the reviews about it and regretted my purchase. It's not very good for contouring because after the few blending out strokes, the product disappears! The only thing I really use this for now is for contouring my nose, which I like to keep subtle. It might be my one specifically, but I noticed that the contour side is very wobbly, so much so that I am afraid to twist the pencil up to high in case the whole things falls out of the case. Definitely a bad purchase :(

Did you make any Black Friday/post Christmas hauls?

Jessica xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan