Haul || Planning for the New Year

Saturday 10 December 2016

Wow, where has the year gone? We are almost at the end of 2016 already! I really can't believe we have to bid another year farewell already! This year has just flew by in lightning speed and honestly, a lot has happened this year and I am so grateful for the people who I met and the challenges that I was made to face, which has all helped me to become a better person day by day. Without a doubt 2017 will be another hectic and challenging year and what better way to get a head start on the new year than to start preparing for it now? 



There were quite a few sales happening at kikki.K and I had a few vouchers on hand so I managed to pick up a few items that I have been laying my eyes on for a while, particularly a new diary and calendar, and have started penning in some confirmed events and dates. I feel like it's a good habit to get into to keep organised of your day-to-day events because as we get busier and busier, it is quite easy for us to forget about certain tasks and double-book ourselves or leave ourselves with inadequate time to complete certain things. 



The trusty mobile phone is probably the best device man has invented. It does everything; it allows you to connect with your friends and family through social media, allows for instant messaging and is also a form of entertainment. However, probably one of the most important feature for me is the calendar app. I only use the calendar to schedule in my work shifts and although not really the best method, but for any social events, I use the calendar to look at my free time and mentally note them down in my head. I just don't like my phone calendar to look too messy, ahahaha. The calendar app is great because when you enter in an event, it automatically notifies you ten minutes before the scheduled event (though you can definitely change the notification time) and allows you to set in the location as well. The calendar app has changed my life and I have become quite reliant on it now and I even managed to sync the calendar to my MacBook Pro, which I am so happy about!

I am currently using the Xiaomi Note 3, but I was previously using the Samsung Note 7. I absolutely adored the Note 7 and the calendar app there was heaps better than the calendar app on my current phone, but with the whole recall fiasco with the Note 7, I had no choice but to switch to another phone. I'm using the Note 3 as a temporary phone at the moment until the next Note that Samsung will (and hopefully) release next year.  



I really wanted a kikki.K diary for this year, but kept holding off but by the time I decided to buy one, kikki.K had already taken their dairy collection off their shelves. I made sure this time to get a hold of one for next year. My favourite colour is green and this year they launched their 2017 Collection with a very nice pale, pastel, pistachio green colour that I just had to get. A diary is an essential for me and literally holds my life schedule. I colour-code my events in my dairy - red for work events, blue for uni assessment due dates, green for marketing events that my uni club is running and black for any other extra-curricular activities. 



This calendar features very similar colour tones to my diary, which was the reason why I went for this calendar, ehehe. I use the calendar essentially as an overview of my diary events, except for work times which I set in my phone calendar. 

What planning habits have you got for the new year? 

Jessica xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan